8 Results


on 10/14/2016 - 02:54 am

Mars Petcare announced on October 11th, that they are recalling CESAR Classics Filet Mignon Flavored wet dog food, because they have found pieces of plastic they think got inside the food during the production phase.
The dog parents who made the discovery and reported it to the company,  did not report any injuries or sickness for their dogs due to the consumption of the food.The company is working with their distributors to remove these products from their retailers.  But are also indicating that all their other products are safe for consumption.
The company is advising its customers to either throw the food out or return it to the retailers for a refund. The product in question ...


on 09/20/2016 - 08:40 pm

How many times have we seen small children playing with dogs and eating the same things that the dogs are eating? Wouldn’t you like to at least know that what your dog is eating will not cause any harm to your child in case it is shared?
Here is a recipe for cookies your dog will absolutely love.
Oats and Parmesan Cheese Cookies
(makes one dozen bone-shaped cookies)
2 ½ cups  instant oats
1 egg
½ cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Place egg and chicken broth in a bowl and mix well with a hand held mixer.  Add oats and parmesan cheese and mix well.  Spread the mixture on a countertop and roll is out w ...

Vet Student Gives Sheltie A Second Chance

on 05/27/2016 - 01:08 am

An adorable Sheltie from Portland was given a second chance at life thanks to a vet student who made a life-saving discovery a minute before the pup was to be euthanized.  Ollie, a 10-year-old Sheltie, Portland, Oregon, became almost completely paralyzed after returning home from a camping trip. Ollie would not eat and appeared increasingly lethargic.
Ollie’s family took him to their regular veterinarian who conducted tests, including blood work and X-rays. Unfortunately, their vet could not figure out what was wrong with Ollie. Ollie’s family made the hard decision to put Ollie down two weeks after returning home from their camping trip.
Neena Golden, visiting vet student ...

Groomer arrested after dog dies in his care

on 05/18/2016 - 08:54 pm

A groomer from San Mateo was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after one of his clients, a 1-year-old Dachshund named Henry, died during under his watch.The San Mateo police responded to a report that the young dog died about 5:15 p.m. on Sunday at a PetSmart store.Officers spoke with Henry's owner, a 47-year-old man from San Mateo, who said he brought Henry to the pet supply store to be groomed.
The groomer, 38-year-old Juan Zarate of San Francisco, came out from the grooming office and said that Henry was having a medical emergency three minutes into his appointment. Henry was bleeding from the mouth and struggled to breathe on his own.
According to police, Zarate b ...

Sammie and Simon: Forging an Unbreakable Bond

on 05/11/2016 - 07:36 pm

A border collie named Simon and his new friend Sammie have gone viral after a photo of the two of them was posted online last week.
In the photo, Simon, a border collie suffering from mange and neglect, appears to be reaching out to Sammie, a 3-month old boxer, in his time of need. Sammie suffered two broken legs, and a severe head injury after he had been shot, dragged behind a car and spray painted, according to a post on a fundraising page set up by Rescue Dogs Rock NYC.
Both Simon and Sammie had been abandoned and left for dead.
“Sammie accepted Simon’s soft touch and was grateful for the love and affection that Simon showed him,” the post stated.
Nikki Jones, veter ...

Recall Alert: Carnivore Vital Essentials Dog Food

on 01/27/2016 - 07:14 pm

Carnivore Meat Co. voluntarily recalled a single limited lot of Vital Essentials Frozen Chicken Patties Entrée for Dogs.
All 6 lb. bags with the UPC code 33211 00807, lot number 11475, and best by date of November 8, 2016 (located on the back of the bag), have been recalled.
The recalled lot was shipped to California, Florida, Georgia, Rhode Island, Texas and Washington.
On June 3, 2015, the Federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) notified the company that one of the samples collected tested positive for Salmonella.
According to the FDA, symptoms of Salmonella infections in animals include: lethargy, diarrhea (which can be bloody), fever, vomiting, decreased appetite, fever and ...

Justice For Lucky

on 01/16/2016 - 12:25 am

The man who burnt his dog alive was sentenced to five years in prison for his crime, the maximum sentence in accordance with Virginia state law.
In November of 2015, 27-year-old Arthur M. Vieira of Virginia pleaded guilty to an act of animal cruelty. Vieira used the classified listings website, Craigslist, to purchase a dog named Lucky. Vieira said that Lucky had behavioral issues, claiming that she attacked him several times. Following one of the apparent attacks, Vieira said he punched Lucky in the nose. He thought the blow killed Lucky.
In a statement to the police, Vieira said that in a panic he bound her legs with rope, muzzled her, and burned her alive in order to “cover his tr ...

On Trend for National Dress Up Your Pet Day

on 01/14/2016 - 06:44 pm

Attention pet parents: today is National Dress Up Your Pet Day. This holiday was created to celebrate our pets’ unique personalities and support the pet fashion industry. Here are 10 social media stars that are wardrobe ready.
Boo the Dog @buddyboowaggytails

Boo is  ready for winter! He’s wearing a fleece color block dog hoodie in dark ash, neon yellow and neon pink. You can shop a selection of T-shirts and hoodies like this one at American Apparel.
Marnie The Dog @marniethedog

Marnie is ready for a lazy night in with her phone, the TV remote and a big box of treats. Marnie is sporting a tye-dye top with adorable denim overalls.
Richard (@ric ...